Letters of Light - Nov 1st - Dec 7th 2013
Letters of Light has a simple mission — to warm the hearts and put a smile on the faces of women and children across the nation who find themselves staying at a local women’s shelter this holiday season.
Our goal: 100 cards, letters or drawings. Help us — write yours today!
Here is how it works and why we need YOU!
It is quite simple.
1. Pick up your pen and paper
2. Draw or write a holiday message from your heart to a woman or child that may be staying at your
local women’s shelter.
3. Send your letter or drawing to:
My Local Women's Shelter
c/o Poppy Soap Co.
793 Foothill Blvd.,Ste 183
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
*Get your children, family or friends involved! This is a great opportunity to teach children about gratitude and helping others. Have your friends, family, and neighbors over and make an event out of drawing and writing letters to other children and women who find themselves in shelters this holiday season. *
What happens next?
♥ We will be joyfully accepting your cards, notes, letters and drawings from Nov 1st –Dec 7th.
♥ Once we reach our goal of 100 letters we will create 2 large donation baskets full of our organic soaps and YOUR letters. If we exceed our 100 letter goal we will give more! For every 50 letters we will be giving another large donation basket to a local women’s shelter in the US.
♥ How do you choose which women shelters receive these large donation baskets and letters? We choose randomly from the letters that we receive and gift your letters and our gift basket donations to 2 chosen letter writer’s local women’s shelter.
♥ The more letters we receive the more we give. Help us exceed our goal of 100 letters – get your friends involved!
♥ Get involved and follow our progress at http://www.facebook.com/poppysoapco
Don’t know where to start? Here are a few tips!
- Your letter can include anything your imagination can conceive, whether it be a simple holiday greeting, words of inspiration, poetry, a drawing ... there are no rules so be creative!
- Have a letter writing party to celebrate Giving Back during Thanksgiving.
- Make it simple. Just a sentence or two is great. The women and children will be grateful to receive a special note from you showing that you care.
Find a letter drop off location in your state:
Smoobage 898 Main Street Unit C, Morro Bay, CA.
Starbucks 3970 Broad Street #1 San Luis Obispo, CA
♥ Thank you! Your words and drawings make a difference ♥